Do you remember the 1980s “Membership has its privileges” advertisements for the American Express card? Try Googling if you’re not sure — it meant that if you paid the annual fee, you’d gain access to a club for special people with access to concierge-like services. And once you became a member, there were different tiers of membership denoted by color – your green card was basic and was superseded by blue, gold, platinum, plum and black. Each tier had more and more privileges.
Members of the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks enjoy benefits at two tiers: nation-wide and locally.
Locally, Elks members may visit any other lodge in the country and enjoy all the members privileges at that lodge. This can include RV hookups, boat-docks, restaurant or bar privileges and more which are unique to every lodge. Here at Watchung Hills Lodge #885 members privileges include:
- Lodge with a lounge and meeting room
- 6.5 acres of wooded property, complete with a Grotto
- park-like settings to host your outdoor event complete with a bandstand and pavilion
- private swimming pool
- RV hookups
- special events such as our annual Pig Roast, Fish Fry, St. Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day dinners which all raise funds to support our endeavors with Special Children and Veterans.
At the national level, these benefits show up as discounts such as:
- Home, Auto, Life and Pet insurance
- Travel Insurance
- car rentals with Hertz
- and with other retailers such as Office Depot
Not yet a member? Are you interested in making new friends, providing direct service to veterans, special children or making a difference in your community? Consider joining the Elks – come down and meet us at Watchung Hills Elks Lodge #885 – click here for our contact information and a map. Send us an email to get the ball rolling at [email protected].