Our Maxey Hall

This building, originally the stables of the Hofheimer Estate, is a “work-in-progress” project for the lodge. Our recently added handicapped accessible bathrooms serve our guests when there is an event at the pavilion and grounds.

The room is perfect for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Girl Scout meetings, with the adjacent pavilion and picnic grounds.

Future improvements and renovations are being planned for this building.

Maxey Hall
Maxey Hall, is just to the right of the pavilion in this picture.

Albert L. Maxey

(1921-1997)

Fact: This building is named after Albert L. Maxey, who was a post office supervisor in Plainfield, an Army Veteran and a member of Watchung Hills Elks Lodge 2252 (as we were then known) and the Watchung Police’s Benevolent Association. He is responsible for spearheading this and other renovations at the lodge. His wife Hermina Gembarowicz Maxey and his son Albert Maxey, Jr. were also members of our lodge. (Click here for his obituary, from the Courier News, October 1, 1997)